Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First try.

So I love looking through the family's blogs, and I finally decided to add ours to the mix. I think I have arrived at sort of an unique place in life. Our first born was just married last December and our youngest is 2. If I were more on top of things, I could have been preparing for a wedding and potting training at the same time. But mostly what I get out of having a wide range of children, is I can see so clearly how fast time goes by. Being in this place, I think has really taught me to soak up and appreciate the time I have everyday with them. I'm not as good as I'd like to be, but I am a lot better than I used to be.
Things that used to really bother me, I can get by now. When I look at my kids I see them young, and at still at home. They are so magical to me. It is really a sweet time to have them here. To have their busy schedules, backpacks, hot wheels, soccer socks and softball mitts around. I love their questions, jokes, concerns, laughter all manifesting themselves in their varied personalities and unique energies. But the best part is at the end of the day when everyone is at home and it all gets mixed up together. It sounds like...home...my home.

3 comments:

Sue said...

You really are a super group! Keep spreading the news!

Ginny said...

Yea for blogging!!! And thanks for the ever-needed perspective reminder. Especially since mine are all still in the "young" stage, although I can already see how quickly things change! Can't wait to keep up this way!

rachel mccracken said...

I am glad that you decided to join in! I love to hear what is going on and to see you all. It is a nice way to stay in touch when we are so far away!