Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh the Life that I Live

May 23, 2008

Oh the life that I live
I run and I go.
To places and projects
For kids that I know.

There’s science, the arts,
history, speeches and such
I stay up late testing,
reviewing and gluing so much

At times I forget,
School I have finished!
I think the late nights
My brain cells they've diminished!

Yet for years I have done it
Make no mistake.
To help and encourage
Good grades for their sakes.

So I continue to do
what it is that mom’s do
Enjoying the years
And Counting my blessings
For I know, time is short
To spend with these nestlings.

The life that I live
It is sweet
So rewarding
More of the same
I would like
Time affording.

But I know, too soon they will leave
Far away they will stay
With their own families
They’ll call home and will say

“Oh Mom, I was up late last night with the kids.”
“Helped them with homework
And projects, I did.”

But for now, it’s me, that’s here
Another project done
We worked together
Learned a lot
Laughed and had fun.

There is one wish,
one thing, I’d endeavor
I hope you don’t think
My wit, be too cleaver,

But to flop in my bed now
Would be so delightful
Oh to deny such a wish for a mom
Would be spiteful.

For the life of a Mom
Can be tough and exhausting
But, to give up now
Would be wrong and too costly.

For the life that I live
Is not mine now but for others.
God bless me as I learn
To be my kids mother.

4 comments:

Sue said...

You are a busy lady - enjoy it while you can. I know you may not believe it could be possible, but there may come a day when you have an empty nest!

Sue said...

You are a busy lady - enjoy it while you can. I know you may not believe it could be possible, but there may come a day when you have an empty nest!

Ginny said...

loved this...and I am just getting into this busyness!!!

Andrea said...

cute aunt sue. the sad thing is my mom may have an empty nest but I'm pretty sure I STILL call her for help with my projects.