Saturday, November 1, 2008

halloween time.

Come one, come all--I just thought I'd go ahead add my two cents of Halloween-ness into the mix of things.


I think we all know that Halloween isn't really my favorite ordeal. It just doesn't do all that much for me. Regardless, I went through a mental list of activities I could take part in to occupy my night.

I had the apartment to myself for a while... so i decided to clean :) Why not do something productive and enjoy some lovely Frank Sinatra while I was at it? Plus a few cute kids stopped by to trick-or-treat <3> little visitors, and old jazz to fill my soul... what can compare to that? :) haha. The next question was... "What to do next?"


Here are the options I had:

  • Party with Kamden and her friends. [potentially a fine time]
  • Go to the Heritage Halls Central Building for a "Haunted Hollywood" Dance. [blah]
  • Study for my American Heritage Midterm [haha- rigggght]
  • SLEEEP [sounded pretty nice]
  • -or- Chill at "home" and find a movie to watch [was quite fitting to my mood]

Here is what ended up happening:

  • I did Christi's makeup all pretty and shimmery for her Halloween costume. She was a dragonfly--THAT was so FUN! Makeup equals love. :D
  • Then Michelle came over... annd she asked me to "fix" her hair. I thought it looked totally fine--but, hey, am I really going to turn down the opportunity to do make up AND hair in the same day? No way! :) Looveedd it-- You can't tell from the pictures, but i did a bunch of twists pulled back. [Mom, I might not be around to do Britt's make up or the girls' hair, but my friends have me staying in practice] YAY. :)
  • Michelle and I made the executive decision to casually stop by the dance... yes, go to the costume dance in casual clothes. :) Hey, I had orange and black on okay? I gave in at least a little. [We gave it a try, but the dance was not quite our scene...so we left after 3 minutes and headed to Hans's apartment...hung out there for a good hour or so.]
  • Thennn, Michelle and Hans invited me to go with people from their FHE group to go see the musical, Sweeney Todd at 11. It was at an outdoor amphitheater [pretty cool]. A ton of deer passed behind the stage area in the middle of the first act. It was kind of funny because you heard a ton of whispers at that point... I think more people paid attention to the deer than the actors for those 30 seconds or so. :) Also, it started to rain just as Act II began, luckily it wasn't like DOWNPOUR or anything. Anyhow, I had a really good time and turns out there were a tons of people from our ward that went too. We kept bumping into different people. Good times. Basically, Michelle is my lifesaver and favorite :) She kept saying, "Caitlin, I'm glad we're friends." She's fabulous.
  • We got home around 2... annnd called it a night :) A good one at that. Yay.
PiCtUrEs---


take serious pictures? hah one’s enough. :)

<3


2 comments:

The Mom said...

Hey Cait! Nice post! Glad it didn't go poof this time. Thanks for sharing your Halloween going on's with us. Sounds like a fun night! Glad your staying make up and hair busy, we know you love it. Give Michelle a big hug from us we are so glad you guys are friends too!

The Hainsworths said...

i'm glad the night ended up okay love ya sis, you had a lot more fun than you would have at my married person party.