Friday, December 19, 2008

"Merry Christmas"

Have you noticed it? People are saying "Merry Christmas".
I've noticed a difference this year. As I have been out and about weather it be the mall or the dentist, I am hearing "Merry Christmas", not, "Have a happy holiday".

I'm feeling happy about this.

It seems believing people are finding their "backbone" again. I for one, have grown tired of my beliefs being lost to "the church of the political right." Yesterday I said very clearly, "Merry Christmas" to the cashier, receptionist and bag boy. No one seemed upset, in fact they seemed extra happy to reciprocate a cheery "Merry Christmas" back.

This morning I signed a teachers weekly report for Rilyn to return to school. She wrote, "Happy Holidays" on the paper,(she's probably not allowed to write anything else, I understand that) I lightly penciled out H.H., signed my name and wrote Merry Christmas on the paper back to her.

To be honest, Rilyn seemed a bit miffed because I ran my pencil lead through H.H. maybe that wasn't necessary, but I wanted to say something-make a small statement, so I did.

It seemed right at the time.It seems right now too.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: