Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gymming...


Hello hello,
I know don't fall over dead that I'm actually putting something up on the blog.
So remember how I used to play soccer a lot and run a lot because of it, well obviously the shape that I had then is not quite the shape I have now and frankly I haven't really my more mature curvy round shape since I've been home from my mission and married. But lately I kept hearing things coming from the prophets mouth's like, bodies are great gifts, treat them as the amazing creations that they are, exercise etc. But I knew very well how horribly out of shape I was and understood the drag of actually trying to go back. Then in started to snow and be really cold outside. But it seemed every time the sun would come out I'd feel alive again. Feeling alive I wanted to start to do fun things again, but it was still to cold to do anything. I started thinking about the fact that even though my brothers and sisters would beg to differ I am still young and have a great opportunity to do my body a favor and use it! I started watching "The Biggest Looser" and realizing that my body knew how to run hard and work and be disciplined, something that a lot of these amazing people had to learn to do to loose A LOT of weight. I knew it was time, I had been thinking of getting a gym pass when Jennifer, my mother in law, told me that she and her sisters, mom and niece were going to be going a "biggest looser" contest, everyone putting money into the pot to be awarded to the person that looses the most percentage of weight. Frankly I don't think it will be me because of my awesome rippling muscles, but man wouldn't it be great if I did. (Secretly I really do want to be the biggest looser) So I did my research and found the right gym for me at 24 hour fitness down the road, these people are a little more normal and a little less intense than Gold's. (I feel like wearing big t-shirts is acceptable here- and I like it) anyway...mom's facebooked something that reminded me that she still goes to the gym at 5:30am and it hit me how if my mom could do it so could I. I have class at 8:00am everyday and hate getting ready twice in a day, so I'd make the gym work for me in the morning. It's been a week now and I'm five pounds lighter-yikes?! My body must be in shock, I'm feeling so much more alert and happy though, and sleeping sooooo good at night. Here's one to mom inspiring me once again to be a fit woman and do it right. I'm starting off easy but I'm determined to be looking pretty good by July 1, and so on. Hold me to it, I'm accountable to you all. Love you so much.
fat slammin' kam

4 comments:

The Mom said...

And I'll have you know every time I'm at the gym, I think to myself..."can't let kamden beat me, can't let the young one catch me." all the while I'm secretly thinking, "It will be so cool when she does,afterall she is 21 years younger than me!" "Go Kam Go!" It's in the blood kiddo.

Kate said...

wow you rock kam!! i wish I could give myself a good kick in the butt. maybe when spring hits. or not, we'll see :) See how terrible I am? absolutely no commitment! Although... I am doing a green smoothie challenge... at least one green smoothie a day for 30 days, and now I am on day 5, yum. And it does make my body feel healthier.
love you!

Andrea said...

good luck with your goals. im impressed and will now be cheering you on from the couch! just like i do when i watch the biggest loser on tv. it's just wrong i tell ya just wrong.
and yet here i sit.
im with your mom. "go kam go!"

Tami said...

Love it! You're inspiring me! Everytime I have a baby I have to get reinspired. Finding the time and then the energy is the hardest. Best thing you can do is to get into a really good workout routine/habit before you get pregnant (one day). :)